Thursday, June 4, 2009

Admission of Infusion Omission, with Apologies

How have we never blogged about this amazing product before? Internet, I have done you a disservice. I own it, I love it, I recommend the Prodyne Fruit Infusion Pitcher to everyone who walks into the store; and yet I have kept it from you. That was wrong and I am sorry.

I can not praise this handy little pitcher enough. The design is beautifully made of clear, high quality plastic and would be worth buying just as a regular water pitcher--but it is NOT your regular pitcher. It is so, so much more. This pitcher comes with a removable infusion rod that, when filled with sliced fruit, infuses the liquid within with flavor. My personal favorite is simply lemon infused water, but you can also infuse iced tea with raspberries or strawberries or make your own sangria using a bottle of cheap red wine and leftover fruits. After a while you’ll be experimenting with different flavors--my husband made up a batch of cucumber-mint water that was surprisingly refreshing and delicious.

Best of all, the fruit infusion pitcher is as economical as it is useful. Fruit can be used for up to 10 days, meaning that you can refill your pitcher as you go and get four or five pitchers out of one lemon. Owning this pitcher helped me kick my three soda a day habit, which helps save my money and my waistline.

If I gush too much about this pitcher it is only because I use it, I LOVE IT, and I know you will too!