Sunday, July 12, 2009

Even Spinoza Would Love a Crumb Vacuum

For the past couple of months I have been searching for a small cleaning tool that will assist in cleaning up the crumbs off of my kitchen counter and breakfast room table. Cooking for a large family has the tendency to create miscellaneous messes and I was tired of having to wipe down the counter and table multiple times with a sponge or wet rag--they only seemed to move the crumbs around or smear them everywhere rather than picking them up. Then one day, as I was perusing through our kitchen section, I came across the Crumb Vacuum by Trudeau. I immediately had to take it home and try it. The small vacuum operates on AA batteries and is small enough to sit in my hand so it takes up very little space. The one touch button makes operation very easy and the nylon bristles are strong enough to sweep crumbs up into the receptacle without scratching glass or granite surfaces. Once the vacuum is full, the base pops off and can easily be dumped before the next round of cleaning. A must have for people who enjoy cooking or eating but don’t like to waste a lot of time cleaning up!